I am late by at least 10 days to do your 11th month update. The last two weeks have been crazy to say the least. Your GM went to Salem on Aug-13 since it was a long weekend promising to return by afternoon of Aug-16. Based on previous experience, I knew I can not manage you and work so applied leave on Aug-16. Then after second thought I applied leave on Aug-17th also just to make sure that in case your GM is late by a day, there will be no stress on me. How do I know what is in store for me?
- I thought I was smart and have planned well. But then your GM became sick and her return was delayed by a week. So, I had to manage both work and home for the remaining two days with no help. Yet another lesson learnt…. Things will not always go as per plan. :( But then you were just brilliant **Kaala tikka**. I placed the laptop on the table, where you could not reach and worked. You were happy to play around and just crawl around as long as I sat in the same room. When you became tired and wanted to sleep, you crawled and just hugged my legs. My heart broke into pieces at that moment.
- You are crawling sooper-fast now.
- You just want to go out all the time. If anyone goes out, you crawl fast towards them. I understand your love to explore the outside world. But my boy, please understand this is rainy season and your mom hasn’t still mastered the art of carrying a baby and an umbrella simultaneously.
- There are times when you don’t behave like a baby. You seem to have an opinion of your own. Like the instance when you do not want to wear a shirt and just crawl and make a loud noise or when you think you have eaten enough and will not open your mouth or when you want to play with my phone or remote or the utensils at home and if I take anything away from you, you increase the decibel of your voice. But then, I should have expected these when I wanted my kid to be born in the same month as my birth month (which is September – virgo mom, virgo son).
- Your GF visited us this month. He came on a Sunday @ 6 a.m. You were sleeping and after some minutes I gave you milk and you drank the milk in the sleepy mood. But once your GF called your name, you just turned your head towards him, gave a broad smile and went to him. I was just HAPPY to know that you recognize his voice though he stays miles away.
- I bring you books from the library. You don’t seem to show any interest in them at this moment and is always looking for ways to tear them apart. But I would like to continue this and read to you. I am sure someday you will start turning the pages by yourself.
- And best of all – you say AMMA a hundred times a day and the pride in my heart and the smile in my face every single time can not be matched by anything else.