Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 - Hard teacher

When I got married this year, I never thought marriage will bring such a change to my personality.


I am a true Virgo who believes in perfection. I expect everyone to work at my pace and at my quality. I just can't accept any work as completed until I know there is very little to improve. I never accepted ignorance as an excuse for uncompleted work.


Then marriage happened. As it goes, it brought not just two people but two families together. I understood that every person in this world is different and its foolish to expect people to be the same. It was not easy though. With the level of perfection I believed in, and the values that I followed, it was difficult to live with a different set of values and beliefs.


Thankfully, I got an opportunity to be alone for a couple of weeks because of my official work and that is when I had time to look back at the happenings. I had the maturity to easily find where I was going wrong. I just had to appreciate that, the way we live and the values we believe in, are based on how we are brought up.


I understood that "Marriage is two halves making the whole rather than one half trying to make the other half a replica of itself".


Bindhu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment