Monday, February 25, 2013

Perfect day!


To me, a day that starts with music and ends with books is a perfect day. It doesn’t matter what happens during the day. That’s not totally in my control and I really can’t expect everyday to be the same. But I guess we can hope for the start and end to be peaceful. After marriage, for about two years before the baby was born, this was how my life was. First thing in the morning, I would keep the milk on the stove and switch on the TV for what else but M.S. amma’s voice. The early morning breeze combined with hot filter coffee and M.S. amma’s voice in the background was divine. Once the baby was born, sleep was the only thing that was divine. :)

What makes me happy these days is that I have transferred the same ritual to my son without my consciousness. He loves M.S. amma’s voice and can listen to her songs for an hour. (I am not kidding.) Once he wakes up, the day starts with 'Bhaja Govindam', followed by 'Vishnu Sahasranamam'. If time permits, a few of her famous songs follows. There are about 20 songs that my son loves in her voice. (We will ignore the fact that this is more a selfish motive and I finish off my morning chores during that time. We are concentrating on spiritual experience here. :))

In the evening, I take him to the park or a walk in our street and then finish off the home work activities given by therapists. All this goes until 8 p.m. And then I loudly say ‘Book Time’, he flashes his 1000 watts smile and keeps saying ‘ook ime’ until I actually give him all the books. I then go to kitchen to have dinner. After five minutes, he will bring a book to the kitchen and ask me to read it. Once we have the read book for 5-6 times, he will go and bring another book. This routine continues until I finish my dinner, clean vessels and cut the vegetables for next day. After which I sit with him to read some more books. :)

I hope I am able to continue this for all the years to come.

My son,

I guess few years down the line, I would be more than happy if the day ends with you reading “text books” :) Yes, I am a normal mother who expects her son to take the IIT – IIM route.
Hey, what happened? Why did you fall down? :)


So, readers, What is your perfect day?

6 comments:

  1. You're awesome girl and rockstar will do you proud one day :)

    My perfect day is one spent with family, friends and dogs :). Accompaniments: good food & great music ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me tell you something. I am scared of dogs and cats. :)))

      Remember this when I come to Mumbai. :))

      Delete
  2. You are so Tamil, Bri! Are you Tamil? Yes you are!! Your entire family in Chennai!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh come on! you have seen me... Isn't it written all over my face? :))) I am a traditional TamBram! :))

      Delete
  3. My perfect day is the one based on a lot of laugh and peace at heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - nothing can replace the relaxation that is obtained out of laughter. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete