Friday, February 1, 2013

Wow is the word

My son,

It’s been a month since the last post and truly I have no idea how January ended. Time just flew. Before my memory lets me down, let me record what you are up to these days.

You ask everyone “o aa u,” of course with me prompting you. But it is absolutely cute when you say it. The first time I heard it, I laughed until my tummy hurt me. And its been many months since I laughed like that. So, thank you for that. (For readers wondering what it means, “How are you?”)

********************************

Since you are officially my tail, you sit with me in the pooja room either blowing at the lamps or trying to taste the camphor or trying to play with dhoop stick. There are days when I think I am actually speaking more to you than the Almighty. But unknowingly you have also listened to all the chants I say. So, now you join me and say "Om", wait for me to complete the chant, and then say "namaha". :) I hope the Lord is happy. :)

********************************

At night I lie down next to you and close my eyes and pretend asleep. There is just one thought in mind that I should not actually sleep before you do. And what do you do? You sing lullabies to me. Today you sang – “aa… ra…. ro, aa… re… ra…. ro". It is such a soothing feeling to listen that in your baby language. :)

********************************

Last week, since it was Friday and I was doing some pooja at home I wore a saree. Once you woke up, as usual you came to the kitchen to see me, but did not recognize me. You thought it was someone else and went running. When I called you a few minutes later, you turned back, looked at me and then looked at the saree, came near me, asked me to sit down, kept touching the saree, all the while your smile broadening until both of us laughed. Finally you said “Wow.” Thanks my son! No one has ever said that. :)

********************************

Truly wow is the word these days. Of course it all started with me. I started saying wow in various modulations and decibels as a positive reinforcer and you caught on to it. So, every time you are happy, like I make your favorite dish or I wear a saree or you are able to achieve some challenge or we see a new bike, you immediately say wow. I join you and say wow. Then you say wow in a higher decibel and lasting for a few more seconds. Again I say wow in the same pattern that you said and again you increase your decibel. It feels wonderful to just be part of your happy world.

********************************

You have also become naughtier. Currently washing machine has become your favorite toy. I have the washing machine on the kitchen. The other day I see the timer on the wash tub and came to the pooja room only to hear a few strange sounds. I come running only to find that you have opened the lid and have put a few vessels inside it and you are laughing at them rotating. I give a deep sigh, remove all vessels, and wait until the timer finishes. Then I drain the tub, connect the inlet pipe to the tap and bring you out. A few minutes later you come to me and day “ eeh aah” (which is the equivalent of “thee thaa” meaning water). I go and check and see that you have taken the inlet pipe and put it on the ground and the kitchen is flooded with water. What can I say? I tried to scold you but seeing you wet shirt and pant I figured out you had a good time and just asked your dad to take care of you. Please remember there will be day when I will lose my patience. :(

Keep those naughtiness and cuteness coming.

Love you loads,
Mom

13 comments:

  1. Wow is truly the word. It's WOW to read about the mother - son duo. God Bless you Both. Have a wonderful year ahead dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear all these...........Take care...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and do I know in real life?

      Delete
    2. NOPE..........I CAME THROUGH YOUR BLOG ONE NIGHT...I TOO HAVE A SON ........HE HAS LITTLE MUSCLE TIGHTNESS IN HIS LEGS.....SO I TOO HAVE BEEN TO LOTS OF PHYSIOTHERAPHISTS N NOW HE IS GETTING WELL...WHEN SEEING THE CHILDREN THERE......WHEN I SAW YUR BLOG I WAS TOTALLY MELT........HAVE A SMALL PRAYER IN MY MIND MOST OF THE DAYS FOR YUR SON.....THATS IT

      Delete
    3. oh... I understand! Things get better over time. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Loved reading this one! You've 'earned' all these moments of joy :). Wish you and rockstar all the very best always. God bless. Love loads :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I have earned because I am not really sure. There is a guilty feeling somewhere in the corner.

      Also, I have 'spent' all my time and money in the process. :)))

      Love right back dear!

      Delete
  4. I got the "how are you?" even before I reached the end of the paragraph. Of course, I gave it some thought and spoke it loud to myself to understand what it would mean! :D. Love to A and wishing you infinite 'wow' moments in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) My first thought was to remove the space between the letters and ask the readers to guess. He actually says it like "ooau" :)))

      Thanks Jeevan!

      Delete
  5. SUCH great news! Super progress - hats off, Mom and little one! You're on the way, alright! So happy for you, Bindhu! Wow is the word of the year already! :-D

    YAYYYY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, looks like we are not the right path. Though I am not sure how long is this journey.

      And you have been a inspiration!

      Delete
    2. Oops... I meant "on the right path"

      Delete