Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fountain Head - Energy Fountain

Fountain Head - One book which gives me enormous strength. Just as a fountain, the book kindles the energy within me that I am not able to find myself. Every time I am in a depressed state, I read a few chapters of the book and then the situation becomes clearer. So, decision making becomes much easier.

Why does this happen? I am not 100% confident of the answer. But I think its because of the character of Dominique Francon. A heroine who keeps everything to her heart. Its only to Roark or perhaps Wyanand, that she expresses her opinion. Also, she does the unthinkable as a test to find out how much she can endure and accept pain.

So, when I have a problem or a confusion, I consider it as a test to my endurance. I accept the pain associated. And rarely do I express it to others. And its wonderful to see the same characteristics in a heroine and when she succeeds, I feel all my pain will also be worth the ending. I think that is the reason why I read this book again and again. In case I find any new reasons, it will surely be posted.

Bindhu!!

2 comments:

  1. Read Atlas Shrugged, when you find time (in case you haven't). IMO, that novel is more pragmatic and retaliative - than Fountain Head. FH moves completely around the personification of objectivism i.e Howard Roark.

    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah true... I have read Atlas Shrugged too. But somehow Howard Roark is my hero.. I can relate myself more to him than John Galt...

    ReplyDelete