Saturday, July 14, 2012

Quietly happy


I do not know if there is an expression like being quietly happy. But that is how I am today. In fact, I think today is the first day in 2012 wherein I am happy. ***A big kaala tikka ***

The day started as usual with household chores taking up most of my time. But something changed as I took my son for our morning walk. After the walk he came close to me a few times and smiled at me. Later, I made him do all the learning activity toys and though he was sleepy, he did all of them in a jiffy. Then, I made him sit on my lap and held his hand so that we could practice writing (more like teaching him how to grip). After writing for a few minutes, he turned and looked at me with such brightness in his eyes and a smile that made me go “aww…” and he continued writing. I was speechless for a few seconds.

In the evening, I took him to Bangalore central since it was drizzling outside and I wanted to get him used to crowd. He went inside and was extremely happy looking at the lights. In toys section, he was happy to touch the toys, ride the cycle, bike, horse and donkey (none of which I bought :) ). Anybody who looked at him or touched him was given such a brilliant smile clearly telling that he was happy.

Once he was back at home, we did the activity toys and then gave him a few puzzles. He solved them all much to my surprise. Until today, though he has seen the puzzles and has taken them apart, he has never fixed them and I actually did not teach him to fix either. I thought he was too young for puzzles. Clearly, I am proven wrong. His mind is truly alive and kicking. And he continued the pattern of coming close to me, keeping his face closer to mine, and smiling. The happiness was so contagious that my heart is smiling. Thank you my boy for the love and affection. What if you can not speak in terms of words, our hearts are able to communicate, and I am so happy that my mind was also peaceful to understand the message.

No one other than my own heart knows that I am happy. I have not shared this with anyone, not with my husband or my MIL or my parents because I think it’s a mother-son thing and I consider it absolutely personal. It is ironic that I am recording this in the blog, may be I want to revisit this day sometime in future or may be I just don’t differentiate between me and my blog. I really do not know.

7 comments:

  1. God bless mom and son! :) Is it weird, I could actually visualize his smile / laugh and I haven't even seen him :P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Jeevan, its not weird at all. When you see someone, there is an image recorded in the brain which is retrieved later. When you have not seen them, our brain forms an image with the thoughts you have about the person.

      That's my theory. :) I have experienced the same earlier.

      Delete
    2. :) I am sold on that philosophy!

      Delete
  2. Touch wood! Very happy for you Brindha and so happy to read this post! Positive vibes all around and may they continue to surround you always :). God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bindu,
    First time to your blog through blog-hopping..Having read the last few posts of yours, I wish you and your son an enjoyable journey in this phase and may you both be blessed with abundant joy and happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome here and thank you for the kind words!

      Delete