Friday, July 24, 2009

Life, Music and Sports

I have been thinking for long how life is related to music and sports and this blog is a reflection of it.


Music
I am listening to my favorite Ilayaraja Songs and again the same thought comes back…!!
How much silence enhances the appreciation of the following notes in the song? Isn’t Mounam sangeetham?

I feel our lives are similar to music. We do have upper notes and lower notes in life. We do have various moods and styles within us. But we all have a set of values – just as all music comes down to the basic notes.

So the question is: Don’t we need stops to reenergize yourself? YES. But a lot of us forget it. I believe these stops can be just 5 minutes every day where you clear your mind of all negative thoughts. I do pooja everyday and those 15 minutes give me the calmness and energy needed to perform my activities in the day.

How good if we all realize this!!

Sports
I consider sports closest to life for the single reason - Success and defeat happens every day.
Watching a sportsman go through the highs and lows are lessons in itself. The few that I have understood over the years are provided.

When you thought no one can beat Michael Schumacher, there was Alonso. When you thought Alonso is going to be the champion for the future, came Hamilton.
Always better your last performance because your competitors will change.

When Men tennis was getting bored with the gap between Federer and other players increasing, in came Nadal. Federer is the genius, but genius can also be defeated if you make the most of your strengths.

The West Indies cricket team of 80s and the current Australian team teach you an important lesson – Plan for the future.

Watching the match between Federer and Roddick in Wimbledon final makes you think – Is winning the only thing? Ofcourse Roddick would be disappointed and broken. But when he wakes up the next day, I am sure he would be proud of his efforts. Give your best shot and leave the rest to God.

Sachin Tendulkar cried after India lost the test match to Pakistan to Chennai. Why did he do so? Because he knew he was so close to victory. Its not over until its over.

Lance Armstrong shows you, if you have the passion and determination to win, nothing can be a hindrance.

And I am yet to make a mention of Tiger Woods, because I am awaiting the day when he will win the Masters again. I am confident of it.

So, what are the lessons that you have learnt?


And just as I comment on the musicians and sportsmen, I should understand others have rights to make comments on me. Do I understand? Not really. But I don’t mind. :)

Brindha!!

2 comments: