Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ode to women

A few months earlier, I watched an interview of director K.B. I have got immense respect for him. He made a comment about today's girls, which got etched in my mind. He said today's girls are confident and educated. They are successful in life. But they are also becoming aggressive and impatient. I was not so sure if he was right that time.

But today, I agree with him totally. Last few weeks in Bangalore have made me realize this. The girls here are highly educated and confident, thanks to Bangalore becoming a IT hub and hence a lot of job opportunities. But their tolerance levels are very low.


Do today's girls understand the uniqueness of being a girl?

My aunt, who passed away a few years back, is my heroine from childhood. She was not educated but she always looked confident. Even in my early age, when I did not even knew what confidence meant, I was attracted towards her. I should also say that not many in the family liked her. Even my mother complains a lot about her. But all this did not come between me and her. I always watched her from a distance with respect. I am sure if she was educated, she would have been as successful as today's girls. She educated all her daughters and they are successful today.

But she also had immense patience. She suffered a lot early on. Early years of her marriage was very tiring. I believe all those days made her mentally strong. She was matured to face any challenge in life. She took care of all aspects of the family. She did all her duties perfectly and died when no one expected at the age of 60.

Will I consider her my heroine in case she did not possess patience? I doubt. To me a girl has to be mentally strong, have the confidence to take care of a family, possess high tolerance to face a lot of problems and maintain a calmness around them.

I pray God to give me the strength and patience to face any challenge in life.

Bindhu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment