Wednesday, December 15, 2010

3 Months (of knowing myself)

My son completed three months in this part of the universe yesterday. This post is pretty much a round up of three months.

We will start with things that I am grateful for.


- Thank you son for sleeping right through the night on most days. (
A big kaala tikka) Just for records, let me tell you that there were days when you wanted to explore the night life. But they were far and few between.

- Thank you for being such a lovely baby who cries only when the stomach wants some food (Kaala
tikka again). I am sure the Lord would have told you of your mom’s capabilities (or the lack of it) before you decided to see the world. Please remember always, holding a crying baby is definitely not your mom’s skill.

- Thank you for making me understand that you can be happy if you look at simple things in life and enjoy them. For example, how can you look at the clothes that are hanging outside and smile at them whenever the Chennai breeze makes them move a little. “
Enjoy the little things” is going to be my mantra soon.

- Thank you for taking the vaccinations so easily (Kaala
tikka again). Even after they injected you, you did not react for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES. [We will ignore that your mother cried the moment the nurse inserted the needle on your thigh] And when you cried, I fed you and you happily slept.

- Thank you for posing so wonderfully for the pictures. The moment you found out that there was some light from the camera, you kept on looking at it, and I kept on clicking (much to the dismay of the grand mother).


- Thank you for letting me discover another side of me. I never thought I will be able to wake up at 2 AM and 5 AM without an alarm.


- Thank you for laughing at all the funny faces I make. As of others, I can only pity them.


- Thank you for making your grand parents smile every single moment, forgetting all other negatives in our life. Your smile is enough to remove the cloud of sadness at home.


I hope you are in a good mood now with so many thanks coming your way. So, can I ask you for some help now?


* When your grand parents, uncle, and me are at home, you are happy to look at the fan and tube light and smile at them. But when I am the only person at home (apart from you, of course), you expect me to sit beside you ALWAYS. My son, please understand, I may also have some other important work (like eating).


* Your skin is so sensitive that most of the times I see red spots on your face. Please understand this and don’t keep on scratching some part of your body with your nails. I swear I cut your nails everyday but what can I do if it grows like loan interest rates.


Can I also place one more request? Why don't you grow a bit faster?

I can't wait to take you outside and show the entire world to you. I can't wait to read books to you? I can't wait to take you to restaurants and eat with you.

Looking forward to have fun with you.

Love,

Mom

3 comments:

  1. what a sweet post!!! there's so much we can learn from children, no? like how to enjoy simple pleasures of life and such...hugs and kisses to the little boy..and a big hug to the mother too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Bindu!!! Read your birth story too.. Love to the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!! this is indeed a very cute post dedicated to the little one.. :)

    ReplyDelete