Friday, December 31, 2010

Moments 2010

It’s the last day of the year. Like every TV channel, let me do a recap of 2010. So, here goes my 2010 moments.


Moment of madness

When my friend P told me the dates of his engagement and marriage, I thought I would miss both and I was mighty upset about it. But, thanks to my idiotic manager that time, (She has left the company. So, I can safely call her idiot since she will not do my appraisal) I had to come back to Bangalore and so could attend his engagement. I wanted to make him feel special. So, after buying the formal present for his marriage, I collected photos of him, created a collage, printed, and framed. All this in one day. And since I was 8 months pregnant that time, people thought I was mad to stress myself so much.

But then, I was as excited as a kid in a candy shop and could not sleep even after two days after his engagement. :D


Moment of happiness

Contradictory to what people think, I was not happy when I knew I was pregnant. There was more fear in me than happiness. My body became weak and I needed support. So, I was wondering about the things happening to me and how I am going to take care of home and work. But, the moment when I heard baby’s heart beat, there was happiness and mind became clear that everything will be alright.


Moment of disbelief

The moment when the nurse placed a small baby beside me…. There was absolute disbelief that I have become a mom…. [And that disbelief still exists in a corner of the heart. How did I become a mom overnight?]


Moment of self-realization

The period in labor was nothing as I thought. It has brought in so many changes in me. The increased respect towards women, tolerance to pain, a greater belief in Almighty, offering help to others, importance of patience are well understood, thanks to that experience. There are some things in life that will happen only when it has to, irrespective of how much you try.


Moment of jubilation

When India won the Mohali thriller against Australia. What a match! Have you ever seen Laxman so animated.


Moment of sadness

Seeing my mom cry because of me! Never should that happen again.


Unlike other years, I am more excited for 2011. I am sure this year will bring me lots of happiness. If motherhood does not bring happiness, I do not know what will.


So, Goodbye 2010. You were great!

Welcome 2011. You will be double great!! :D


Wish you all a very happy new year!!!

1 comment: