Monday, April 25, 2011

Alone in a crowd

Today I miss going to office so much!!!

Nope… there is nothing exciting happening in office. But I face days like these once in a while. These are days when I wake up and I am not normal. I don’t want to speak to anyone and generally want to be alone – No emails, no conversations, no phone calls. At home, this is just becoming totally impossible. I am sure if I say I want to be alone and ask someone to take care of my baby, there would be "deadly eyes" at me. :)

Earlier I used to go to office, complete all my work earlier and just go to some place and spend an hour’s time all alone. I would go to the terrace and keep looking at the clouds sipping a cup of coffee or visit some temple and just spend time or visit a theater with no interest in movie but no conversation with anyone. There will be people around me, but that did not matter as long as no one tried to speak to me. I can be alone in a crowd. And after an hour or so, I would be my usual self. Does this happen to everyone? I do not know because I do not speak about this to anyone. (Interesting how it is easier to blog about the same) I consider this a very private space, where there is no one in my life except me and I speak to myself.

Today is one such day. Right from the time I woke up, I am not feeling comfortable doing anything and just want to sit alone. But with a baby at home, it is just not possible to be alone for a few minutes. How I wish I went to office today and finished off my work before going to some place.

Ok… Got to go now. My son is awake, after sleeping for full ten minutes. :)

3 comments:

  1. i know what you mean...i need my alone time almost everyday. it's my time to relax or do whatever it is that i want to..but i need that space around me where it's only me and my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are time when we need some " me time" but i am sure that when you will rejoin the office you will miss this time too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @T - Isn't it? There is so much comfort in just being myself!!!

    @Neha - Oh i know.... I am almost dreading that day...

    ReplyDelete