Monday, August 1, 2011

Library - Here I come!!!

I registered at a nearby library on Saturday. I wanted to do this for years, but never managed to go to a library. If I wanted to read a book I bought it. Because I did not want to pressurize myself by setting a date before which I should complete the book and return.

Then why did I register this time? Because I thought may be time has come to introduce books to my baby. I found a nearby library which has children’s books too. So, I browsed their website, saw their collection and just registered for it. Its surprising how something that I have postponed for years got completed in a matter of days because baby was involved. :)


So, went to the library on Saturday, touched a lot of books and felt wonderful. :) I like the smell of old books. :) I picked a couple of books. One was for the baby – a book which had 5 pages in cardboard paper (very important if I wanted to return the book in proper form :)) with bright colours and having pictures of animals.


The other one was for me. I wanted a story book that had a few pages so that I can complete in a couple of hours and something on the lighter side. My choice was “வாஷிங்டனில் திருமணம்” (Marriage at Washington) by Saavi. Everyone who knows Tamil would know the story and the plot. But it was wonderful to read it. Some of the translations and descriptions were hilarious :) (For example, “Umbrella chillies” for “குடை மிளகாய்” and the description of “ஜவ்வரிசி பாயசம்” were too good.) I loved it.


A weekend well spent. :) Hoping to read a lot more.

Yet another reason to thank the little wonder in my life. Thanks love!!! Cheers to more fun-filled evenings with the books. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment