Friday, July 22, 2011

Time to give blog its due

I started this blog when I was feeling very lonely. My mind was getting corrupted with self-pity and I rarely had a true conversation with anyone. I read a lot of blogs that time and thought may be I should also give it a go. The only rule I set to myself was that I should not log any negative sentiments. Little did I know that time how it is going to change my life. Yes, this blog changed me.

Every time there was something positive in life, I immediately thought I should blog this. (Well, I later realized that there is a big gap between thinking and actually writing, as my blog stats show :) ) But there was an acknowledgment that something good is happening to me and it was more than enough to sweep away the self-pity. And every time I felt lonely, I came to this blog to write something. Something to energize my mind, something to channel my mind and just to knock off any negative thoughts from my mind. After all, an idle mind is devil’s workshop.

In addition, I read a lot of blogs. It’s a pity that I comment on a very few of them. (Even in real life, it takes a long time for me to talk to a stranger. So, commenting on a stranger’s blog takes time.) But I derive a lot of support from these blogs, especially those mommy blogs. Whenever I face a problem, they have given me confidence that I am not alone and it happens to everyone. They have given me solutions on what to do. These blogs have become knowledge repositories for me.

Also, these blogs are my primary source of entertainment. With a baby at home, it is very difficult to find time to read or watch something in television leisurely. Also, the fact that I have to sleep for seven hours a day failing which my eyes irritates me. So, the only entertainment for me is these blogs. The variety in topics and the direct-from-the-heart content keeps me engaged and I thank them for that.

I have a long way to go in terms of how I want my blog to look. But I have a plan. But to implement that plan I need a minimum of 30 minutes peaceful time where I can just be with myself. But I am not going to pressurize myself right now. This time of my life is dedicated to my baby. I want to play with him and become a child once more. May be a few years down the line, when he can entertain himself without needing me, I will start implementing my plan. Until then, let me continue writing things that may not be coherent but just bits and pieces of my life.

In case you are wondering why such a post! This is my 100th post and hence dedicated to this blog. (ok ok... I know that 100 posts in 2.5 years is bad if not worse. I promise to do better :))

1 comment:

  1. very well said :). Congrats on your 100th. I have a long way to go :)

    ReplyDelete