Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Some things do not change :)

As someone who loves sports, I just do not get time to watch any sport, or any program in television. In fact I did not even watch the world cup final from the first ball to the last ball this time. And I was shouting at people who burnt crackers before my home because my baby was sleeping and I was worried he may wake up and I will have to lose my sleep. So, I was wondering if I have lost all the interest in sports. I have even stopped following the scores these days.

Today morning I was browsing all the channels trying to find out some channel which plays music so that I can feed my baby. (He loves music :)) And what do I find??? “Signature Sourav” in Star Cricket. Sourav Ganguly taking us through his first Test match at Lords. He was explaining his emotions before, during and after the play every day. Like what he felt when Azhar won the toss, when he was asked to bowl, when Nasser Hussain nicked to the first slip fielder and he got his first Test wicket, when he got Hick out, when he faced the first ball, when he reached his fifty, when Rahul reached his fifty, how went for a walk at the end of day and had a burger, when he reached century, how he was praying hard for Rahul’s century, how he felt when Rahul got out and so on. It will be an understatement if I say I was happy. I was grinning right though the program. I love Sourav and more so in that Test match. I had goose bumps watching the program. And I am so happy to know that I have not lost the interest in sports / cricket / Sourav.

I guess some things do not and can not change :)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Didnt know you are so much into Sports. I too am an avid follower of cricket. Like other forms too, but cricket tops the list. And I like Sourav too. And happier to see you spelled his name as 'SOurav' and not 'SAurav'. :)))

    ReplyDelete