Saturday, May 23, 2009

Brave Soldier

Last week was an important one. I believe I learnt something important about me because of two instances.


1. Until yesterday, if someone had asked me to define my life in a few words, it would have been self-dependant and straight forwardness. But yesterday as I was reading Ayn Rand's "We the Living", something struck me hard. It happened when Kira, the protagonist tells herself "Kira, you are a brave soldier".


2. The same happened when I read the following quote - "The real winners in life are the people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better."


Its like when you watch a movie and you feel some particular scene has happened in your life and you are stunned for a moment.


The battle has started and I would be extremely proud of myself if I can say a few years later what Kira had felt.


Bindu!!

2 comments:

  1. I like Ayn Rand, if you say today, "I would be extremely proud of myself if I can say a few years later" ... "The real winners in life are the people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." Then you definitely would.

    I would be proud to say them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for those kind words IHM!!

    ReplyDelete