Friday, May 29, 2009

Bye Bye Chennai - Part 1

In a few days, I will be saying good bye to Chennai. Hence, its appropriate that I write about the City which I feel is a part of me. I am sure I will miss Chennai's culture, December music season, my sweet home and the terrace, Marina beach, Besant Nagar beach and the list goes on.... But the one place which I will miss most is Parthasarathy temple.

Right from my first visit to the temple till today, I sense something magical about the temple. I feel I am in another world where I can connect with the Lord.

Ranganathar sannathi - There has not been a single visit where I have not cried before Him. I really do not know why I cry. This is one of the main reasons why I prefer to visit the temple alone. I remember the first visit to the temple with my husband and he concluded that I am facing problems in the marriage and hence am crying. :) Its tough explaining my feelings to them.


And you can just not take your eyes off Parthasarathy perumal. He mesmerises you and every time I am just awe-struck. Just like he acted as a sarathy to Parthan and guided him in the Kurukshetra war, I strongly feel He will guide me at all times. He gives me courage to face the world. Its a comfort that strengthens me mentally.



Yoga Narasimhar: I told my friend over lunch that I have never been able to darshan the moolavar of Yoga Narasimhar clearly because there is so much a distance between Him and the place where we can stand for darshan. It so happened that I had to visit the temple the next day and what a surprise. There was a change in the way we had to move for darshan and you could actually go closer to Him and have a clear darshan. I know it is a coincidence but at that moment it was a great feeling.



I am planning to visit the temple over the weekend. I hope He invites me frequently.

Brindha.

No comments:

Post a Comment