Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Show that makes women look successful

I like reality shows. No no… I am not referring to "Rakhi ka swayamvar" or "Pathi pathni aur woh". These are not real and I hate them. But there are some shows that I really like. One such show is 'Tim Gunn's Guide to Style' in AXN. Before you think I am interested in fashion or style, let me clarify that I am still in 90's when it comes to fashion. :)

I normally like watching shows which shows the creative side of people. In fact when I finished my college and was at home for a few months before joining office, I watched a lot of television programs. Some of my favorite programs were

  • Scope for Improvement in NDTV
  • Make Over in NDTV
  • A show in travel and living about an Indian in France opening an Indian restaurant and creative ways of marketing them. I do not remember the program name
  • Another show in Travel and Living, which has two carpenters and their projects
  • Top design in AXN

Well, you get the point. I just love watching these shows. These days I don't want to miss even a single episode of Tim Gunn's show. The show is about people who want to look grand for a special event in their life. Tim reviews their current wardrobe and their body physique and helps them understand their bodies better and tells them what will look good on them.

The best part about the program is when Tim takes the person to a Top designer. The person tries high quality designs that the designer has made over the years. When the person tried those clothes, you should see the expression on their face. The dress changed their body language all together. The confidence with which they wore those dresses is just lovely to watch.

As they say Success is an addiction. Once you touch the highest level, you cannot come back to lower level. Similarly, once these people on the show try these designer clothes, they want to wear high quality dresses that will make them look good.

I always like watching successful women walking with confidence. And at the end of every show, I feel the person will be successful. That's the confidence with which they walk. And really that's why reality shows are telecasted right? To make people look and feel better.

4 comments:

  1. I don't like reality shows because of the drama that is part of them. After I read an article in Malayalam about Reality Behind Reality Shows, I hate them even more for playing with people's need to get recognition and success.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bindhu Unny:Oh yeah I truly understand!! I think most of the competitive reality shows are just marketing... But i like these shows which are not competitive. It just deals with one person's change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think any show that is positive and helps people live better lives is good.

    ReplyDelete