Tuesday, December 8, 2009

படியில் பயணம் நொடியில் மரணம் (Footboard travel is fatal)

After reading the title, what do you think the post is about?

  • Bus Travel in Chennai
  • Foot-board in Bus
  • Fatal Footboard

Nah… !! The title is just to tell people that I understand the ill effects of foot-boarding in bus. But I find it exciting… :)

I had to travel to my office by bus yesterday. The bus was crowded and since I had to get down at the next stop, I did not want to move into the bus. So, I got a wonderful chance to foot-board the bus. I LOVED IT. As the bus climbed the newly constructed bridge, I was as excited as a small kid in a candy shop. The rush of air in face as the bus was climbing on the bridge was exhilarating. (Of course, there were a few guys in the foot board testing my body parts. I think travelling in bus for long had just made me thick-skinned. :( So, I safely ignored them.)

A few years back, I was travelling in 47 from IIT Madras to Villivakkam at 9:00 PM. The bus had some repair and broke down near Annanagar roundtana. It was already 9:45 PM and I wanted to get back home as early as possible. I saw another 47 bus which was waiting at the signal. I decided to catch the bus. When I was about to catch the bus, the signal turned green and the bus started moving. I was in no mood to wait for another bus and got into a running bus… :) The conductor looked at me and reprimanded me in some native Tamil words. But I felt great. I had this look of achieving something which eluded me for years.

After that, there have been so many days when I have travelled in steps. Unfortunately, girls do not get a lot of opportunities. :)

Before you give me a lecture on how wrong it is, how it will take my life, how a girl is not supposed to do all these (I don't know why people say this), let me tell you I don't intend to do it every day. But I would not miss it if I get a chance once in a few months. And I tell you, travelling in foot board is much better than standing in the bus among a few ******* who think you as a public property.

5 comments:

  1. Aren't you too aggressive and exasperate with your opinions?

    Just mellow down a bit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha :) I have done a lot of foot board travelling in DTC, in Delhi in my college days :) If we did not find the right bus, we boarded any bus in that general direction and then switched buses at traffic signals!!

    I realise that was very dangerous...
    And I fully agree that foot board is better than travelling inside. We sometimes sat down on the foot board, with feet dangling ... those are crazy but fun filled memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Srini: Blogging for me is a relaxation therapy dear!! Dont worry... :)

    @IHM: Oh yeah... Absolute fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah.that would have been quite a sight....

    Living those childish moments in our adulthood takes us to a new world for a single minute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @weirdpatch: Absolutely. Few moments you forget everything else!! :)

    ReplyDelete