Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Walking on air!!!

How does it feel to be appreciated? Feels good.

And if it happens to be a skill which you are not confident? Just what you want.

And if you are appreciated in consecutive days? You feel great.

And if you are also recommended to others? You are on cloud nine.

That's exactly what happened last weekend.

Saturday:

Last week one of my friends from Chennai had come to Bangalore on an official visit. I had invited her to my house. She promised to come on Saturday for lunch. But she wanted Pradeep, our friend to accompany her. Why Kamala wanted Pradeep to accompany is still a mystery to me? I think I know Pradeep well to say he would have definitely denied her request at first. Anyway, she called me on Saturday, after I had completed preparing the food, and informed me Pradeep is also coming. I was surprised (should I say shocked).

The menu for the day was pudalangai kootu, vazhakai poriyal, rasam, more and appalam. I could not have prepared anything else given that nothing else was stocked in the fridge. J

So, Kamala and Pradeep had lunch at my home and surprisingly they liked it. J Kamala liked the kootu very much while Pradeep prepared rasam (without tomatoL). I was HAPPY. J

Sunday:

My brother had made the trip to Hosur for some official work and had come to my home on Sunday. I had prepared all his favourite dishes. He loves Chow Chow pulipu kootu and adai and that was the menu on Sunday. And he liked it. J Additionally, I had got a shirt for him which was also great on him. JJ

As the blog reflects, I am a loner. I love being alone. So, rarely do I have friends at home. And this weekend was such a change and I just loved the way I played the host on both days. I hope they also enjoyed their time at my place. Now that my culinary skills are approved, I would like to play the host frequently. JJJ You all are invited.

2 comments:

  1. Bindhu!! I missed Saturday Lunch :( naan India vandhadhum, yennakum ipdee samachu poduviaa? :)

    -Hema

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hema: 100% Agmark Iyengar sapadu nichayam... Come soon

    ReplyDelete