Tuesday, March 15, 2011

6 months!

My boy,

I just realized you complete six months today! SIX FULL MONTHS…. I just can’t believe I took care of a baby for six complete months (of course, with due credits to the grandparents). It’s quite unbelievable you know – my baby boy is six months old. At the same time when I see you, I also think how fast you are growing up. I already have so many clothes that do not fit you anymore.

I was filled with immense guilt for taking you away from your doting maternal grand parents and uncle. All your relatives are in Chennai and they all visit you every week and make you laugh like crazy. But, that’s how life is. So, I brought you to Bangalore, where all you can see is just me and your dad and your paternal grand mother. But now, I am totally motivated to use MY time with you qualitatively.

You have been a wonderful baby so far. *A BIG KAALA TIKKA* When I hear stories from friends about babies who wake up at 1:30 AM or who need to be kept in arms all through the night or who are afraid at the slightest of sounds or who seem to get some infection or the other, I send a quiet thank you note above. You are easy to manage.

I was afraid of travelling with you for five days continuously visiting some relative or a temple. I was afraid that your routine may get affected, you might become clingy, or you might catch some infection. But, I need not have worried. You were happy to look at the outside world and when you felt bored, you slept on my lap. I am thankful for that.

You have yet not started moving which is slightly disappointing to me. I will have to leave you and go to office in a couple of months. (GOSH… I can’t even think about that) So, please start moving early so that I can enjoy this time with you, playing with you and chasing you. Please-oh-please!!!

The debate on whom you resemble will never end, I think. There are many who tell me that you resemble me and there are a few (ok. ok more than a few) who say you resemble your dad. I really want to put an end to it. (Of course, you look like ME :))

There is just one request that I want to ask…
You know what, we have a big bed. But, I get a little more than a couple of inches to sleep. For someone who is as BIG as your mom, this is very little. So, stop moving in rounds during your sleep so that your mom can at least sleep on one side and not be afraid of falling off.

Finally, just like you do, keep smiling at your mom every time she looks at you and you can be sure all your needs and wishes will be taken care. :)

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. 6 months already! time flies!

    keep smiling, be happy, be yourself, little one! wishing you a life filled with joy and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @T - Yup... Time truly flies in jet speed... I have no idea when a day starts and when it ends. :) Thank you for your wishes :)

    ReplyDelete