Thursday, February 16, 2012

First Kiss...

I got my first kiss today! (Do I need to mention from whom it was??? Anyway, in case you thought of anyone other than my son, I will be doubly delighted… he he) Well… It was not actually a kiss. I was playing with him by making sounds on his stomach. He was very happy and was laughing so much. Suddenly, he hugged me and licked my cheek. I think that is his version of kiss… (My boy, I think you made a mistake by kissing me first. I will keep reminding you for the rest of your life that I was the first girl you kissed. :) )

In other news, I re-read my last post and realized one major mistake that I have done. AK is diagnosed with mild ADHD. I missed the word mild. What a big mistake! Today, I took him for the therapy session and he responded well… He still does not play with a toy for more than 2 minutes but in general played with all the toys for close to 20-25 minutes. The psychologist told me that his eye-contact is much better than the first day.

At home also, I can feel the differences. If I say hello and give him my hand and shake it before right in front of his eyes, he holds my hand in response sometimes. Earlier, he just ignored my commands. I do not know if it is because of the conscious effort put in by me and MIL or it is just happening naturally. Whatever may be the reason, I hope the progress continues.

***************************************

While typing the first paragraph on kiss, I remembered the incident that happened on Valentines day. It was a normal day for me and I went to office, finished my work and left office at around 5 p.m. I was waiting for lift to come down. When the lift opened, there was only one guy inside and he was smiling at me. His smile was so bright and I just had to respond. I then entered the lift and stood such that he was behind me. I was wondering what made him smile. When the lift reached ground floor, I came out first and the guy followed me and then overtook me and was walking as if he is controlling not to run. The smile was still present on his face. And then at the gate, I saw a girl with a bunch of roses. The guy went to her, hugged her for a few seconds and then they kept looking in to each other’s eyes. A minute later they realized the surroundings and walked hand-in-hand.

There was bright smile in my face and I stopped an auto and the autowala smiled at me. :) That’s the power of love, isn’t it?

Good night folks!

2 comments: