Friday, February 17, 2012

Test for trainer’s patience

I loved the session today!!! AK tested the trainer’s patience. He was just not interested in any of the toys she showed and went to pick other toys. At one point, she raised her voice and AK gave one look and came to me.

She then decided to take all the toys and AK to a room and asked me to wait outside. Even in the room, he was more interested in looking out for new things in the room. Finally, the trainer was successful in making him sit down and helped him play with a few toys.

You want to know why I loved the session? Every time I raise my voice or hit him mildly when he does some mischief (how about playing with electrical sockets? or how about finding out how the fridge operates by researching the back-side of the fridge? or when he throws all his toys to all four corners of the room), he will just give a look and move on. No tears or tantrums. I used to wonder if he is ignoring me… Today I got the answer. He is not partial, he ignores everyone’s commands. Good. I have a real tough-nut at home.

3 comments:

  1. ha ha ha :)! Tough nut has a super mommy too! Hope you are having a slight relaxed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not exactly relaxed... but totally enjoyable one! :)

      Delete
  2. listen i do not think the therapsit is good enough for your baby ...you should look around .
    This is not the way to treat a spl needs kid

    ReplyDelete