Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Time and Distance

அன்பாய் அவள் பேச,
ஆசையாய் அவன் கேட்க,
ஆறு மையில் தூரமோ அரை அடியாய் போனதடி,
அரை மணி நேரமோ ஒரு நொடியாய் ஆனதடி.

Dedicated to my friend who is getting married in November...

She sent a mail to our friends group inviting all of us to her marriage. As the conversation proceeded, one of the friends asked her for a treat and she did not reply for a few hours. So, people started inquiring about her absence and I replied - "We should wait until US sleeps, so that she could reply to us". (Her to-be-husband is in US currently) That is when I thought of the above lines. :)

PS: As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, my knowledge of Tamil is very limited and hence all grammatical / language errors need to be overlooked... :)

Bindhu!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the dedication...
    Una kulla oru vaira muthu va naa ethir paakala.. :)
    But not sure if am in that state.. :)

    Clouds 9.. Naaaaaaaa...

    -- From the friend who is getting married in November.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Akka...Konjam mokkaya iruku....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @the friend: Its ok buddy...!! :)

    @Anon2: I dont know anyone who calls me akka...:( never mind the mokkais...

    ReplyDelete